Laura Tejada, LMFT, LCPC, RPT-S, NCC
As a kindergarten teacher in an area where there is much need for culturally-sensitive trauma therapy, I watched students play out their traumatic experiences in the play house. This led me to a career as a school counselor and play therapist, and that led me to marriage and family therapy.
I know how hard it is to find good supervision in rural areas! By sheer luck, I had eight supervisors over my career who took me under their wings. I would not be here without them, and I hope to provide the same firm but compassionate support for my supervisees.
I hope that new clinicians find their strengths and develop their specific areas of clinical expertise. My goal is to train my supervisees to not need me and to become supervisors themselves.
WORDS I LIVE BY:
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Registered Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S)
- Meets State Requirements
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff: BS
- Emporia State University: MS
- University of Akron: MS, Ph.D.
- Family Therapy with Young Children
- Interpartner Violence/Aggression
- Trauma Therapy with Families/Children
- Rural Mental Health Services
- Structural Family Therapy
- Experiential Play Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy