Steven Weinman, LMFT
Helping people is in my blood; I come from a long line of teachers. I decided I was going to help people discover their own strengths. Then, I assist them through growth, change, and reaching the emotional peace they're looking for.
The level of feedback, investment, and guidance from all of my supervisors assisted me in becoming the therapist, professional, and person I am today. Without it, I may have been burnt-out, have a poor life balance, or other things. I want to continue to pay these values forward.
I want my supervisees to continue to enjoy what brought them into the profession in the first place, while continuing to grow—growth as far as professionally, personally, clinically, or anything else. I hope my colleagues will continue the great work they do while having great personal lives, too.
WORDS I LIVE BY:
Meets State Requirements
- Florida State University: BS
- University of Rhode Island: MS
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Young Adults / College Students
- Couples (Premarital, LGBT, Marriage)
- Life Transitions
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)